Part-Time Legal Support Specialist
Part-Time Legal Support Specialist
The primary duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience, but they will include some or all of the following:
- Primary Responsibility: Subpoena Responses. Review all subpoenas the Bank receives for financial information in divorce and litigation matters, as well as other outside requests, redact sensitive information with critical attention to detail, forward to requesting party, contact with requesting party when necessary, track all requests and status daily, daily contact with other Bank departments regarding subpoena requests. Must be comfortable with majority of daily work redacting on computer. Work will be reviewed for accuracy.
- Legal Support – Assists in-house legal counsel with management of bank’s litigation portfolio and related matters, including: (1) ensuring timely responses to other legal process served on the Bank; (2) adequate tracking, updating, and reporting of outside counsel invoices; (3) assisting with discovery productions; (4) coordinating with other business units within the Bank on document productions, litigation holds, responses to subpoenas and other court filings, coordinating court appearances/testimony, and (5) interfacing with outside counsel, internal clients, and customers where appropriate.
- Administrative Support – Provides administrative support to bank’s in-house legal counsel. Assists with preparation, revision, and review of letters, presentations, reports, and other legal and departmental tasks.
- Communication – Communicates directly in-person, by telephone, by videoconference, and by email with other business leaders and colleagues. Must communicate clearly, effectively, comfortably and politely.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum one year experience in a comparable position in a law firm or with a subpoena service or enrolled for at least one quarter/semester in a paralegal certificate program.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge and comprehension of the timing of Rules of Civil Procedure which regulates civil subpoenas of business records.
- Analytical and research investigation skills.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented with multiple ongoing and diverse projects.
- Must be self-motivated, be able to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proactively identify potential problems and devise and implement solutions.
- A general understanding of business, contracts, laws, and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook).
- This role is part-time, 3 days per week.
Needham Bank offers a competitive salary and an amazing benefit package for a full-time employee which includes fully paid medical and dental insurance, HRA, 401(k) plan with an 8% bank match, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, a bonus program, flexible spending accounts, vision service plan, group term life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We offer a great benefit package to our eligible part-time employees as well.
At NB, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace - if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Needham Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Needham Bank will provide all applicants for employment and all employees with equal opportunity for employment and promotion regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
Application Instructions : https://needhambank.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?nbsb=0#/jobDescription/866076/